Court Marriage in New Gandhi Nagar Ghaziabad, between two souls where solemn oath ceremony is done under Special Marriage Act 1924 by Special Marriage Commission Allahabad. This court is called a Session Court. Then there is a separate Sessions Court for each state of India which appoints its own registrar. The very first document required for Court Marriage in New Gandhi Nagar Ghaziabad is the Marriage Contract. This is called the marriage contract. It is not mandatory that a written contract is used but it is preferred that one is prepared. Along with the marriage contract you also require to take some other papers like a copy of the certificate of the wedding from respective government authorities. Other papers required are proofs of age proof, either full proof of age (two-year-old & above), photocopies of marriage license of both the persons or a marriage document with the photos in the front and the witnesses' names & addresses at the back. It is however recommended to take proof of age in front of the judge who will decide on the marriage. In some states like UP, you can apply for the marriage without presenting any documents and age proof as the judge might not allow the couple. The age proof should be original or the copy should be certified. If your marriage in New Gandhi Nagar has already been legalized then you don't need to present any documents. Marriage in New Gandhi Nagar is usually of the arranged type where the parents of the bride and groom select some family members who will act as witnesses for their marriage. Then there are other relatives of the family who may also become a part of the marriage. Marriage in New Gandhi Nagar arranged by a father to his son or a brother to his sister can be considered legal as long as both families concerned have agreed. In most of the courts in India, the bride has to walk with the groom's hand and is not allowed to sit on the chair with her groom. The reason being that it is believed that the hands of a girl belong to her groom and the foot of a boy belong to his bride. This is also applied in a typical Arya samaj mandir where the girl is seated facing her groom with her right foot placed on the floor. It is believed that a girl who looks at her groom without any eyes or without any desire to marry her will be surely married to her mate. In fact this is one of the key vows of a Hindu wedding that the bride and groom take and the presence of both the eyes of a girl shows that she has taken this vow.
Court Marriage is a common procedure, which has to be followed by everyone. If a marriage is not registered it is not considered valid during legal procedures such as, applying for a joint home loan. You could also be fined for not registering your marriage. It is a rule that all the marriages have to be registered whether you are having a wedding ceremony or not.
A marriage certificate is an important proof, in case there are some problems between you and your spouse in the future and a legal action needs to be taken.
Advantages of Court Marriage Certificate:-
• Certificate of Marriage is a document, which provides valuable evidence of marriage;
• Certificate of Marriage is a document providing social security, self-confidence particularly among married Women.
• Court Marriage Certificate is useful in getting the visa for the wife/husband.
• It will be helpful in claiming the Bank deposits or Life Insurance benefits when the depositee or the Insurer dies without a nomination or otherwise.
Documents required for the Performance & Registration of Court Marriage
1. Passport Size Photographs – four each of Marrying Persons.
2. Residential Proof (Voter Card / Passport / Ration Car / Driving License / Bank Passbook / Lease Deed / Rent Deed) of Marrying Persons.
3. Date of Birth Proof (Municipal Corporation Certificate, X th or XII th Examination Certificate, Passport, PAN Card) of Marrying Persons.
4. If any party is divorcee Certified copy of Decree of Divorce granted by the Court.
5. If any party is widow / widower Death Certificate of the dead spouse.
6. If any party is a Foreign Citizen or holding a foreign Passport or is having foreign residential address – Certificate of Present Marital Status of the party / No Impediment Certificate / NOC from concerned Embassy and Valid VISA.
7. Two Witnesses (Both should be major)