Individuals from any religious community can easily opt for a wedding conducted in a court in Azamgarh. The legislation is quite clear on this. You may belong to either of the two religions or even the same faith. But, you must state your religion clearly when you apply for marriage in a court. Marriage in a court is considered to be lawful only if you are both known to be of the same faith. However, if the couple happens to belong to different faiths and they want to get married in a court, then they have to inform the registrar about their religion before the marriage takes place in a court. In case of refusal to do so, the couple can approach the registrar for help. Once the application is submitted along with the necessary documents, the couple is legally allowed to proceed and get married in a court marriage in Azamgarh. There are various other rules for marriage in a court. Once you get married, you have to take the responsibility of giving your bride a bridal wear that is according to the requirements of the groom. Moreover, the bride is expected to wear the saree of the groom. The bride's family has to pay a Doshtika or bride's payment to the groom before the marriage is finalized. If the bride is of your choice and you are willing to get married in a court, you must apply for marriage in a court and take the necessary steps to get legally wed. Court marriage in arya amaj is considered to be traditional and the process of getting married is a ritual in the community. In the community if you wish to get married you have to get permission from the elders and also you have to follow some rules and regulations. Court marriage in arya man is believed to be more solemn and it is considered to be the last option for all the people who want to get married in the traditional way. You have to visit the judge who presides over the community and also you need to submit your marriage papers. Court marriage in Arya Samaj is considered to be the most popular in the community.
Court Marriage is a common procedure, which has to be followed by everyone. If a marriage is not registered it is not considered valid during legal procedures such as, applying for a joint home loan. You could also be fined for not registering your marriage. It is a rule that all the marriages have to be registered whether you are having a wedding ceremony or not.
A marriage certificate is an important proof, in case there are some problems between you and your spouse in the future and a legal action needs to be taken.
Advantages of Court Marriage Certificate:-
• Certificate of Marriage is a document, which provides valuable evidence of marriage;
• Certificate of Marriage is a document providing social security, self-confidence particularly among married Women.
• Court Marriage Certificate is useful in getting the visa for the wife/husband.
• It will be helpful in claiming the Bank deposits or Life Insurance benefits when the depositee or the Insurer dies without a nomination or otherwise.
Documents required for the Performance & Registration of Court Marriage
1. Passport Size Photographs – four each of Marrying Persons.
2. Residential Proof (Voter Card / Passport / Ration Car / Driving License / Bank Passbook / Lease Deed / Rent Deed) of Marrying Persons.
3. Date of Birth Proof (Municipal Corporation Certificate, X th or XII th Examination Certificate, Passport, PAN Card) of Marrying Persons.
4. If any party is divorcee Certified copy of Decree of Divorce granted by the Court.
5. If any party is widow / widower Death Certificate of the dead spouse.
6. If any party is a Foreign Citizen or holding a foreign Passport or is having foreign residential address – Certificate of Present Marital Status of the party / No Impediment Certificate / NOC from concerned Embassy and Valid VISA.
7. Two Witnesses (Both should be major)