Court weddings in Jodhpur are also seen to have more hygienic standards. The venue for such events is always private and is usually arranged by the bride's family itself. Also, unlike in other weddings, where the bride is accompanied by her parents, in a jodhpur marriage she is usually accompanied by her husband and his family. This reduces the chances of any kind of contagious infections. Also in such weddings the translators are appointed so that if there are any problems or questions, they can immediately clear the air. Court weddings in Jodhpur can take longer time than the average weddings. This is because the couple has to get through a lot of rituals before finally tying the knot. They start with the exchange of garlands and then proceed with the marriage ceremony. In some cases the priest presides over the entire marriage ceremony and reads out loud a poem dedicated to the newlyweds. Sometimes the priest may put the bride and groom under a candle to read a special rhyme. The Jodhpur wedding stationeries are rich and beautiful. The guests are taken to sit near the dais. The wedding invitation is issued by the head judge along with the marriage date and venue. The other important document is the marriage contract, which is signed by all the participants. The legal description of the ceremony is mentioned inside. There are different kinds of traditional services provided by the marriage authorities which include performing of varieties such as flower girls and music. The culture of Araya Samaj marriages is based on honesty and integrity. This religion does not accept any kind of outside marriage or relationship and they believe that it is for a boy and a girl to get married only. This culture does not accept any relation between the husband and the wife and the boyfriend. The people of Araya Samaj marriages are extremely religious and follow the rites and traditions of their religion strictly. Weddings in this religion are not very flashy or exciting.
Court Marriage is a common procedure, which has to be followed by everyone. If a marriage is not registered it is not considered valid during legal procedures such as, applying for a joint home loan. You could also be fined for not registering your marriage. It is a rule that all the marriages have to be registered whether you are having a wedding ceremony or not.
A marriage certificate is an important proof, in case there are some problems between you and your spouse in the future and a legal action needs to be taken.
Advantages of Court Marriage Certificate:-
• Certificate of Marriage is a document, which provides valuable evidence of marriage;
• Certificate of Marriage is a document providing social security, self-confidence particularly among married Women.
• Court Marriage Certificate is useful in getting the visa for the wife/husband.
• It will be helpful in claiming the Bank deposits or Life Insurance benefits when the depositee or the Insurer dies without a nomination or otherwise.
Documents required for the Performance & Registration of Court Marriage
1. Passport Size Photographs – four each of Marrying Persons.
2. Residential Proof (Voter Card / Passport / Ration Car / Driving License / Bank Passbook / Lease Deed / Rent Deed) of Marrying Persons.
3. Date of Birth Proof (Municipal Corporation Certificate, X th or XII th Examination Certificate, Passport, PAN Card) of Marrying Persons.
4. If any party is divorcee Certified copy of Decree of Divorce granted by the Court.
5. If any party is widow / widower Death Certificate of the dead spouse.
6. If any party is a Foreign Citizen or holding a foreign Passport or is having foreign residential address – Certificate of Present Marital Status of the party / No Impediment Certificate / NOC from concerned Embassy and Valid VISA.
7. Two Witnesses (Both should be major)