Court marriage in Ludhiana means legalization of marriage. It's a completely recognized process that's solemnized exclusively in the court itself. The ceremony doesn't entertain any extra-judicial or ritualistic ritual like customary weddings. All rituals are conducted by the priest or a Brahmin who is called a pranayama. There are certain requisites to be fulfilled before a marriage can be solemnized. Firstly, you need to get the marriage contract legalized. The contract needs to be in the prescribed format which has to be registered with the district judge and subsequently with the Central Administrative Department. Once this is done, you have to personally submit the prescribed document to the registrar of marriages. Two witnesses are required to certify the marriage. These are the father of the bride and the groom and the authorized officer, who will witness the signing of the contract by the couple. Besides that, there are certain other formalities that are to be fulfilled in order to formally tie the knot. The bride and the groom need to decide on whether they are going to get married within the Indian constitution or not. The bride and the groom also need to decide on whether they are going to get married under the civil code or the Hindu wedding ceremony. After deciding on these two important issues, both the parties need to get the thumb rule registered. Then only they can proceed further. an interesting custom in the weddings in arya samaj is that of decorating the house of the bride with flowers. The flowers are actually the flowers of life and the bridegroom has to bring a plantain tree from home for this purpose. The other aspect about the marriages performed in a court of a temple is that the bridegroom spends a whole night with the beautiful girl who is the bride and they spend the entire day with this beautiful lady. There is no limit to the number of marriages which can be performed in a day in a month in a temple of a guru. There are countless examples of such marriages performed in a day in a temple and the numbers keep on increasing with every guru. These marriages in arya samaj are known to be extremely auspicious and they are performed with full zeal and commitment by all the brothers and the sisters irrespective of their caste and creed.
Court Marriage is a common procedure, which has to be followed by everyone. If a marriage is not registered it is not considered valid during legal procedures such as, applying for a joint home loan. You could also be fined for not registering your marriage. It is a rule that all the marriages have to be registered whether you are having a wedding ceremony or not.
A marriage certificate is an important proof, in case there are some problems between you and your spouse in the future and a legal action needs to be taken.
Advantages of Court Marriage Certificate:-
• Certificate of Marriage is a document, which provides valuable evidence of marriage;
• Certificate of Marriage is a document providing social security, self-confidence particularly among married Women.
• Court Marriage Certificate is useful in getting the visa for the wife/husband.
• It will be helpful in claiming the Bank deposits or Life Insurance benefits when the depositee or the Insurer dies without a nomination or otherwise.
Documents required for the Performance & Registration of Court Marriage
1. Passport Size Photographs – four each of Marrying Persons.
2. Residential Proof (Voter Card / Passport / Ration Car / Driving License / Bank Passbook / Lease Deed / Rent Deed) of Marrying Persons.
3. Date of Birth Proof (Municipal Corporation Certificate, X th or XII th Examination Certificate, Passport, PAN Card) of Marrying Persons.
4. If any party is divorcee Certified copy of Decree of Divorce granted by the Court.
5. If any party is widow / widower Death Certificate of the dead spouse.
6. If any party is a Foreign Citizen or holding a foreign Passport or is having foreign residential address – Certificate of Present Marital Status of the party / No Impediment Certificate / NOC from concerned Embassy and Valid VISA.
7. Two Witnesses (Both should be major)