Court marriage in Muradnagar is a new feature of the city. There are many marriage venues available in the region and this includes the marriage ceremonies of both the genders under the supervision of the court, either locally or by the request of the couple. It is observed that the marriages that happen in the vicinity of the judicial authorities have more number of participants. Some other than the marriages, there are other official ceremonies such as felicitations, birthdays, naming the god of the family etc.
Court marriage in Muradnagar has witnessed an influx of foreign tourists over the past one decade. The foreign tourists primarily come to enjoy the marriage and the associated festivities. However, the marriages are also witnessed in an informal atmosphere. A typical informal wedding in the region might comprise a number of people from different countries. The location of the wedding will be chosen by the invitees and family members as per their convenience. The arrangements made for the wedding are made in a spirit of jubilation and joy.
The bride is escorted to the place where the marriage ceremony is to take place. At the ceremony itself, the bride is seated on a chair and the groom on the other. There is a band playing traditional Indian music, which is dispersed at both places. An elephant is brought which symbolizes the groom. The bride's mother then steps forward holding the "ghulal" (belt worn by the bride), which is used to hold the hands of the groom.
A marriage certificate is an important proof, in case there are some problems between you and your spouse in the future and a legal action needs to be taken.
Advantages of Court Marriage Certificate:-
• Certificate of Marriage is a document, which provides valuable evidence of marriage;
• Certificate of Marriage is a document providing social security, self-confidence particularly among married Women.
• Court Marriage Certificate is useful in getting the visa for the wife/husband.
• It will be helpful in claiming the Bank deposits or Life Insurance benefits when the depositee or the Insurer dies without a nomination or otherwise.
Documents required for the Performance & Registration of Court Marriage
1. Passport Size Photographs – four each of Marrying Persons.
2. Residential Proof (Voter Card / Passport / Ration Car / Driving License / Bank Passbook / Lease Deed / Rent Deed) of Marrying Persons.
3. Date of Birth Proof (Municipal Corporation Certificate, X th or XII th Examination Certificate, Passport, PAN Card) of Marrying Persons.
4. If any party is divorcee Certified copy of Decree of Divorce granted by the Court.
5. If any party is widow / widower Death Certificate of the dead spouse.
6. If any party is a Foreign Citizen or holding a foreign Passport or is having foreign residential address – Certificate of Present Marital Status of the party / No Impediment Certificate / NOC from concerned Embassy and Valid VISA.
7. Two Witnesses (Both should be major)