Individual couples looking forward to tying the knot legally under the Special Marriage Law can always go in for court marriage in Pithoragarh to officially legalize their union in an easy and hassle-free way. Under Section 4 of the Indian Family Code, the marriage is deemed to have taken place after the prescribed period of four to six months from the date of the wedding. This time span is inclusive of both federal and state laws. The legal separation period preceding marriage also counts as the marriage day. Marriage is legalized on the basis of the advice provided by the court or on the basis of a public petition of at least 50 witnesses. While looking for court marriage in Pithoragarh, it is important to make sure that you have the requisite papers in place. Papers required to be produced by both the parties are proof of age, physical appearance and identity. Proof of religious conviction is also very important. Since the solemnization takes place in a court of law and is recorded in a court of law, one needs to produce a marriage certificate in addition to the marriage license and other relevant papers. The court records keep a record of these papers and you may be required to appear in court once all the paperwork has been submitted. The court marriage in Pithoragarh happens only after the requisite number of days have elapsed from the date of solemnization. Since Muslim marriage is considered to take place in a mosque, a valid Muslim Personal Identity Card is mandatory. The name of the bride and groom along with their respective addresses may also be stated. The society of the Arya Samaj is also traditional to related readings of the Vedas such as the Upanishads. In fact, most related readings are derived from the Upanishads and considered part of the hymns of the Hindu religion. A person who holds a valid Arya samaj marriage certificate is entitled to castigate his or her parents for any fault, according to the Hindu law. According to traditional laws of India, marriage is only instituted for the benefit of both the male and female beings. This union is considered to be a boon and gift from the almighty. Thus, a person having an arranged marriage will be blessed with material, mental, emotional, social and spiritual benefits. On the other hand, a divorce brings down the social status of an individual and also his or her material, mental, emotional, social and spiritual welfare is affected.
Court Marriage is a common procedure, which has to be followed by everyone. If a marriage is not registered it is not considered valid during legal procedures such as, applying for a joint home loan. You could also be fined for not registering your marriage. It is a rule that all the marriages have to be registered whether you are having a wedding ceremony or not.
A marriage certificate is an important proof, in case there are some problems between you and your spouse in the future and a legal action needs to be taken.
Advantages of Court Marriage Certificate:-
• Certificate of Marriage is a document, which provides valuable evidence of marriage;
• Certificate of Marriage is a document providing social security, self-confidence particularly among married Women.
• Court Marriage Certificate is useful in getting the visa for the wife/husband.
• It will be helpful in claiming the Bank deposits or Life Insurance benefits when the depositee or the Insurer dies without a nomination or otherwise.
Documents required for the Performance & Registration of Court Marriage
1. Passport Size Photographs – four each of Marrying Persons.
2. Residential Proof (Voter Card / Passport / Ration Car / Driving License / Bank Passbook / Lease Deed / Rent Deed) of Marrying Persons.
3. Date of Birth Proof (Municipal Corporation Certificate, X th or XII th Examination Certificate, Passport, PAN Card) of Marrying Persons.
4. If any party is divorcee Certified copy of Decree of Divorce granted by the Court.
5. If any party is widow / widower Death Certificate of the dead spouse.
6. If any party is a Foreign Citizen or holding a foreign Passport or is having foreign residential address – Certificate of Present Marital Status of the party / No Impediment Certificate / NOC from concerned Embassy and Valid VISA.
7. Two Witnesses (Both should be major)