Court marriage in Sikar is an auspicious event, which is celebrated when a groom gets married to his bride, and if both the families agree. This is an important function that is conducted for a bride and a groom who are associated with either side of Punjab's confederacy. This is the most common wedding ceremony that is seen in all provinces. It is believed that this is the oldest wedding ceremony that is still alive in the Punjab. There are different reasons as to why this marriage ceremony has been held over centuries. The main one is because it is believed that marriages should take place only through divine intervention. Another reason why the ceremonies are conducted with the blessings of the elders of the community. They believe that a marriage cannot take place unless the bride and the groom are physically fit. In the absence of physical intimacy, the marriage cannot materialize. Court weddings in Sikar are arranged through a marriage broker. The process is rather simple. A person who is related to the bride or the groom contacts the wedding planners of Sikar. Once they are contacted, they reach the venue of the weddings without anybody having to pressurize them. Court marriage ceremonies can be arranged even for a girl. However, the elders of a family have to sanction this marriage since it will be done with the bride's blessing. The marriage in a court is not easy to achieve. Court marriage ceremonies demand a lot of formalities.Court Marriage is a common procedure, which has to be followed by everyone. If a marriage is not registered it is not considered valid during legal procedures such as, applying for a joint home loan. You could also be fined for not registering your marriage. It is a rule that all the marriages have to be registered whether you are having a wedding ceremony or not.
A marriage certificate is an important proof, in case there are some problems between you and your spouse in the future and a legal action needs to be taken.
Advantages of Court Marriage Certificate:-
• Certificate of Marriage is a document, which provides valuable evidence of marriage;
• Certificate of Marriage is a document providing social security, self-confidence particularly among married Women.
• Court Marriage Certificate is useful in getting the visa for the wife/husband.
• It will be helpful in claiming the Bank deposits or Life Insurance benefits when the depositee or the Insurer dies without a nomination or otherwise.
Documents required for the Performance & Registration of Court Marriage
1. Passport Size Photographs – four each of Marrying Persons.
2. Residential Proof (Voter Card / Passport / Ration Car / Driving License / Bank Passbook / Lease Deed / Rent Deed) of Marrying Persons.
3. Date of Birth Proof (Municipal Corporation Certificate, X th or XII th Examination Certificate, Passport, PAN Card) of Marrying Persons.
4. If any party is divorcee Certified copy of Decree of Divorce granted by the Court.
5. If any party is widow / widower Death Certificate of the dead spouse.
6. If any party is a Foreign Citizen or holding a foreign Passport or is having foreign residential address – Certificate of Present Marital Status of the party / No Impediment Certificate / NOC from concerned Embassy and Valid VISA.
7. Two Witnesses (Both should be major)