Court marriage in Varanasi is very common these days. The reason behind this phenomenon is the increasing tendency of people marrying outside their religion and faith. People are also reluctant to get legally separated from their spouse in case of marriage. Court Marriage in Varanasi fulfills the above mentioned situation of people from different backgrounds. There are a number of reasons which make people opt for court marriage in Varanasi instead of other options like wedding in home, civil ceremony and so on. Court Marriage in Varanasi is an ideal option for couples wanting to maintain their marriage intact and simple or with inter-caste/sectarian background. It also acts as a haven for couples daring to be different from the family members' expectations. However, there are formalities involved in court marriage in Varanasi, and the process needs proper handling from both the sides. This involves filling of application form, submitting of proofs, waiting for final decision, and many more. This is why it is recommended to seek help of an attorney from the beginning stages of court marriage in Varanasi. Court Marriage in Varanasi is considered easier than others. There is no need for any bride or groom to produce any proof of his or her religion or community, nor is there any need to submit three witnesses. The marriage may be solemnized by a priest with the priest saying few words about religion and distributing holy water. The bride and groom may then get down on the mat after the priest has made some holy words. Court marriage in arya amaj is considered to be a religious service and if you are unable to fulfill all the requirements and norms then you might have to face several problems in future. If you want to get married legally in a court then you must consult an attorney and then you can proceed for the marriage ceremony. There are many attorneys in the city who are specialized in the field of law and order of marriage and they will help you to get registered legally and also you can plan your marriage ceremony and organize the marriage ceremony according to your convenience.
Court Marriage is a common procedure, which has to be followed by everyone. If a marriage is not registered it is not considered valid during legal procedures such as, applying for a joint home loan. You could also be fined for not registering your marriage. It is a rule that all the marriages have to be registered whether you are having a wedding ceremony or not.
A marriage certificate is an important proof, in case there are some problems between you and your spouse in the future and a legal action needs to be taken.
Advantages of Court Marriage Certificate:-
• Certificate of Marriage is a document, which provides valuable evidence of marriage;
• Certificate of Marriage is a document providing social security, self-confidence particularly among married Women.
• Court Marriage Certificate is useful in getting the visa for the wife/husband.
• It will be helpful in claiming the Bank deposits or Life Insurance benefits when the depositee or the Insurer dies without a nomination or otherwise.
Documents required for the Performance & Registration of Court Marriage
1. Passport Size Photographs – four each of Marrying Persons.
2. Residential Proof (Voter Card / Passport / Ration Car / Driving License / Bank Passbook / Lease Deed / Rent Deed) of Marrying Persons.
3. Date of Birth Proof (Municipal Corporation Certificate, X th or XII th Examination Certificate, Passport, PAN Card) of Marrying Persons.
4. If any party is divorcee Certified copy of Decree of Divorce granted by the Court.
5. If any party is widow / widower Death Certificate of the dead spouse.
6. If any party is a Foreign Citizen or holding a foreign Passport or is having foreign residential address – Certificate of Present Marital Status of the party / No Impediment Certificate / NOC from concerned Embassy and Valid VISA.
7. Two Witnesses (Both should be major)